Our doors are open to all children from 0 to 18 years of age with a neurological, skeletal and/or muscular disability that limits their activities or restricts their ability to participate within society.
How to enrollyour child
- Call CRIT at (210) 257-6260. Request to enroll your child at the center. If our phone is busy, leave a message with your name and a contact phone number. A customer service representative will contact you as soon as possible.
- The customer service representative will place your child on the waiting list, assigning them to a group or clinic, depending on their diagnosis*.
- Once a spot becomes available in the assigned group or clinic, you will be contacted by the customer service representative to schedule a preliminary evaluation.
- On the day of your initial evaluation, we ask that you arrive one hour early with the following documents:
- A copy of your child’s medical record
- A copy of your child’s vaccination record
- Health Insurance Card
- Child’s birth certificate
- Social Security Card
- Paternity Identification
- Proof of address
- Proof of income
- Legal documents
- Adoption papers
- Legal guardianship
- Power of attorney
- Name change
- The evaluation process takes one full day. Therefore, if you live in San Antonio, we recommend that you prepare to spend one (1) day at CRIT. If you live outside of San Antonio (or the surrounding areas), we recommend that you make arrangements to spend (2) days away from home.
- If your child is accepted into the program, you will meet with the billing specialists who will determine your financial responsibility and the cost of the rehabilitation program.
- Once you have completed the registration, your child will be placed on the waiting list. When the space becomes available, the family will be contacted with a date for the evaluation process. We also accept patients referred by physicians from the community.